I know I'm not the only one that relies on text messaging to communicate with my teens, even when we're all in the same house. I could lament this is a lack of face-to-face conversation or I could appreciate the fact that it provides me with running commentary, proof that I *did* ask them to do something and endless entertainment that I can refer back to again and again.
Here are some good ones I've gotten recently:
1. Out of nowhere from the 13-year-old:
2. I was watching my 15-year-old son play basketball (what a surprise, I know) and saw him slam into the wall, slide down and lie in a crooked-necked heap on the floor. Right then and there, I texted our chiropractor for an appointment and then sent my son a message to let him know he'd be going the next morning. After the game, he saw it and responded:
|(Trust me, this is high praise)
3. 13-year-old, again, trying to convince me to get a puppy:
4. After an allegedly successful thrift shop outing:
5. What about the 17-year-old, you might ask? Oh don't worry. He texts me plenty, too . .