One year ago this month, a Halloween card arrived to the museum where I work.
Friday, October 22, 2021
Friday, October 15, 2021
|To be fair, though, all I did on this shopping trip was drive, advise and pay. |
I didn't even insist on being the one to push the cart!
|You can take the alleged adults out of Rumspringa . . .|
Friday, October 8, 2021
3. The college students will be receiving some requested items from home that Mom had to dig through drawers, closets and even a bin in the storage space known as the "closet-closet" to find. (*Bonus: a certain bff from home will also be getting some things thanks to some double-Mom power action!)
|Maybe I'll even go on a funicular ride! I'll sing the entire time.|
Friday, October 1, 2021
Third child: drawn to anything that could be perceived as sports equipment at a very young age. Could outrun me by the time he was four years old and around that age observed, "You're not too sportable, Mommy, but I am very sportarific."
*Postscript: My older kids are still more like me, though. Older sister may need to brush up on her soccer sister skillset:
Friday, September 24, 2021
Friday, September 17, 2021
1. I already accidentally missed the High School's Back to School Night this year, and . . .
Friday, September 10, 2021
|Achieved but the weird thing is two nights when I had insomnia this song decided to haunt my brain. That's what I get for going cold turkey I guess.|
5. Getting back to supposedly writing my memoir.
Friday, September 3, 2021
|thank you, sweet yellow bus of mercy|
I love my children so much that I can still cry talking about what a privilege it is to be their mother. But I'm also on the verge of being completely overwhelmed and just need a break. So I do not feel at all guilty about literally REJOICING over the start of the new, five full days a week school year.
I've got a lot planned for my upcoming solo time! Like:
1. Getting back into my near-daily exercise habit. I was doing really well with this for the majority of the summer so I don't know what happened--but I feel better physically and mentally when I'm getting more activity so this on the top of the list.
2. Getting back to supposedly writing my memoir. Remember my memoir? I barely do so I don't expect you to. But maybe, just maybe . . . you'll see it in the next 5-10 years. Oh and I'll record at least one more episode of my fake podcast that I started for my sister but then dropped when things got too hectic (not to mention the issues with consistent riding I had mid-to-late summer.)
3. Utilize my time in ways that might seem odd--like making dinner at 10am--but in the long run will make my life so much easier because I'll be running around so much for sports games and practices in the afternoon.
4. Do things like pick the throw pillows off the floor, put them back on the couch, and then not have to do it again ten minutes later.
5. Not listen to a single Olivia Rodrigo song for at least eight hours . . . nor any bickering at all. (I'd take Olivia on loop over the bickering though, to be honest)