It seems as though every single day I vacillate wildly between two opposing views . . . like "I should make more art" and "Nah, I should be more math-a-rific and science-licous!"
Just kidding. I've never had any math or science leanings whatsoever (but damn, that mastery of the English language!) No, my opposing thoughts and views are more along the things that I think some of you might be able to relate to:
1. I don't care if the kids don't learn any self-responsibility, I cannot STAND this mess a moment longer and am going to put it away my damn self VERSUS I am not doing myself OR them any favors by cleaning up after them all the time.
2. I'm doing enough (as a wife, mother, friend, writer, activist) VERSUS there's so much more I could/should be doing.
3. I am so discouraged and depressed by the national news VERSUS I feel so empowered by the resistance movement (that's in response to that news).
4. I think I should be stricter with the kids VERSUS I need to work on being a kinder, gentler parent.
5. If I say yes to one more thing I am putting myself directly into a time-out VERSUS Fuck it, I'll rest when I'm dead.