1. Even though I can easily sleep through my husband's alarm and the sounds of him getting ready in the morning, I wake up by the sound of a child breathing funny in a different room.
2. Having a very thorough understanding of my own Mom's corny jokes, some of her decisions that seemed questionable to me as a child, and the concepts of both true pride and exhaustion.
3. Getting to call the Principal by his first name.
4. Answering to Mom, Mommy, Mama, Ma, Mrs. My-Husband-And-Kids'-Last-Name, B's Mom, G's Mom, E's Mom, Z's Mom, A's Mom and more.
5. Having to demand a birthday card from the same two boys I once jumped into an icy pond to save.
|Happy Mother's Day|