Sometimes people ask me, "Can I ask you a personal question?" and I know I should probably cringe when I hear that but instead I get excited. What could it be? Bring it on!! Here are some that I've been asked--some sweet, some absurd:
1. It's about blogging. Do you make money that way? (HA HA HA HA HA)
2. Why did you pick that color for you house? (Um . . . because we liked it?)
3. How do you find the courage to write about such personal things? (From a sweet mama who I feel had some trauma to share. I hope she finds the courage she needs to deal with it.)
4. How's your ankle? (A week after I twisted it. How that qualifies as a "personal" question I am not sure.)
5. And, the most frequent, having just been asked again last weekend: Where are you from??? (Hey, I get it, I'm "exotic" looking. Some people insist I'm Puerto Rican, some swear I'm Egyptian. Others have no clue so they stop me on the streets of New York City to ask me. My favorite answer? New Jersey.)
**Interestingly enough, an essay I wrote awhile ago just got published on a new site today. And it's chock full of OTHER questions people like to ask me! How Does She Do It?