1. One of my good friend's sons, when whining about the fact that everyone else at school brings junk food every day, said: "It's not fair. Nobody else makes their kids eat healthy foods! Only you and . . . and . . . and . . . Gina!"
2. Same kid also said, "Gina and her family are rich. They always have parties."
(That's how I like to measure richness too, time spent with friends.)
3. The child who gets off the bus here every Friday with 4-6 other kids was annoyed that her mother and I wanted to go out without children and complained, "Gigi always makes it so there's never any kids!"
4. Friend's daughter: "So she just lets her kids do whatever they want to their own hair? Weird."
5. Neighbor: "Gina's rule for birthday parties is that they can invite the same number of kids as the age they are turning."
Neighbor's child: "Well that's not fair! Because Z only gets to invite 7 and she's going to get to invite, like, 40 something!"