I have no written "Five on Friday" list this week. I feel like the picture lists are a cop-out but then I look at the number of views and it turns out people like pictures! No reading required! But since a picture's worth a thousand words, I guess you can count this as reading five thousand words today! Go you!
There seem to be a lot of literal and figurative signs in my life lately. Here are five of them:
1. The Vagina Monologues! Here's the poster for the show I'll be performing in. I've been dutifully hanging posters and postcards with this image on it all around town:
2. This was a sign to me that maybe a cookie-ice cream sandwich wasn't the greatest choice for a birthday dessert since the frozen cookie was impossible to stick candles in (or maybe this is a sign that my husband is really clever since he figured out how to get the candles in like this!)
3. Here's a sign that my younger son learned a lesson from his older brother: "Don't try to forge a name you can't spell." (E tried to sign my name on a school paper last year and misspelled my last name.)
4. I always say my youngest is like a cartoon character or sitcom kid, she acts in a way real kids don't really act. This is how she looked walking into her preschool class today, looking an awful lot like a character in a kids' picture book we read recently. I took it as a sign that she might actually be a cartoon.
5. And, lastly, the best sign yet. My oldest daughter made this awesome sign for my mismatched sock box. I love it so much but now I constantly have the Beatles song stuck in my head. It's worth it.