First of all, let me tell you a little about this kid and how in love with him I am. Not only is he physically beautiful, he is also the sweetest soul. He's always looking out for his friends and consistently the first one to offer help to adults or kids. For his upcoming seventh birthday party, he thought he might want a theme of either sports . . . or baby animals. I keep telling him he’s so cute I’m going to eat his face. (I know. It’s weird. I can’t help it.)
Now when he’s saying something cute and I’m staring at him he can TELL that I’ve turned into Sylvester Cat and he’s Tweety Bird and my overactive imagination has turned him into a delectable little roast chicken on the bird swing and he shouts, “Mom!! Stop!”
In honor of his birthday, here are some of the cutest things he’s ever said for today’s Five on Friday. If he really doesn't want me to threaten to eat his face, he needs to try harder than this:
1. (Age 3) We saw a group of Black and White teenagers walking down the road and he said "Look at those brothers!" I said, "They might not be brothers" and he replied, "Well they look like brothers to me."
2. (Age 4) "Mommy, who my boyfriend?" "I don't know, who's your boyfriend?" "You."
3. (Age 5) He picked up a little brown skinned Fisher Price person and said, "This guy looks like me." He hadn't really ever made any references to race differences on his own before so this piqued my interest and I asked, "Oh yeah? How does he look like you?" He answered, "Big smile."
4. (Age 6) "Everybody's my best friend. I don't have a best friend."
5. (Last night) "Am I done? Mommy said three more bites." Daddy O: "I think you could probably take another three bites." He gave a little double snap and finger guns and said, "Mommy's older than you" and walked away.