Remember when my family gifted me with this sweatshirt a few Christmases ago?
The Y might be starting to peel a little but I can proudly state, without hesitation, that the Mom Cringe levels over here have not subsided at all. Much to my tween's & teens' delight, they may have even increased. Some examples:
1. This is on my water bottle.
|MOM. She's naked. WHY?|
2. I continue on insisting on documenting nearly everything in their all-to-brief childhoods.
|Baby's first visit to the orthopedist!|
3. I dropped off a card and small gift for the new neighbor (That is SO old fashioned, Mom!)
4. I won an award and then tested it for authenticity. In public. Also had a picture taken of me doing so.
|Fine, I did it to be ridiculous but I can assure you it is genuine lucite. Or something like lucite, what do I know about lucite?|
5. I'm weird in restrooms, encourage documentation of the weirdness AND I crack myself up with stupid captions later.
|At least I have a friend to be cringy with.|
And all this before my husband and I decided to rewrite the "Diarrhea Song" to be about menstruation!! (Mom. That's disgusting. Why are you like that?)
Stay tuned for an upcoming entry in which I tell you my (self) nomination for Mother of the Year 2023!
It's cute that our kids think they aren't just as weird or weirder than us.ReplyDelete