Just when you thought the riding season for cold-weather wimps was over, a few mild days in November come along. At the beginning of the week, my husband began pointing out the forecast for me and nearly begging me to take advantage of one last ride. Each day didn't work out for one reason or another and on the last nice day of the week, I finally got around to it.
Totally enjoyable. Thanks for the push, Daddy-O.
1. It's been awhile . . . Giacomo stalled out a few times. Thought I'd just get him across the yard to the driveway to run a bit while I finished getting ready. Realized I've never taken a ride when the red maple was this bright red before.
|Season's swan song|
2. About that cold-weather wimp thing, normally I consider sixty degrees to be my riding cut-off temperature. Even though the day was going to get above that temp, it was closer to fifty when I started (plus then there's the wind chill!) Pretty sure I could have easily been mistaken for Randy Parker:
|Personally, I could put my arms down--|
I just couldn't walk all that great with so many pairs of pants on.
3. What I didn't account for: these little vents in the front of my helmet letting so much air in.
4. So that little neck warmer I had on was moved up.
|Et voila, it is now a chin warmer!|
5. Thanks for the fun K, Giacomo. See you in the spring.
Post a Comment