In our family of five kids, the oldest two are referred to as "the bigs," followed by "the boys" and lastly is "the baby." (Honestly at age eleven she hasn't really been called that in many years but it's the only other B word that makes sense here.)
The bigs have been away at college for three months now. Of course we knew they'd be home for Thanksgiving, but much like every single Friday sneaks up on me without warning (leaving me scrambling to come up with blog content), I can't believe they'll be home tomorrow!
Some last minute realizations:
1. Uh, I guess the boys and baby had better clean up these bedrooms they've taken over.
2. I'll have to readjust my food shopping and cooking! Again!
3. Speaking of meals, looks like it's time for the migration to the larger dining room table!
4. They better not be bringing laundry home. Dryer's busted.
5. Hope they miss the freedom of having a car and driving . . . I have lots of younger sibling chauffeuring lined up for them! (I'm not a total monster, I also have lots of fun things I want to do with them while they're here. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about making them do some errands for me! Mwah ha ha!)
Post a Comment