Oh hello there. It’s me, your friend currently experience a miserable bout of insomnia (though “miserable” is the only variety these bouts come in, I think). I’m looking forward to this one ending. I think tonight’s the night! (I say with the confidence of someone optimistically trying to manifest the near-impossible)
But I digress.
I have no ideas for today’s post and can’t entirely blame insomnia . . . I mean, sometimes the ideas just don’t come. So I thought I’d just share some pictures from my life lately for just a fun little photo-heavy Five on Friday from a tired Mama. Enjoy, and goodnight, it's nap o'clock somewhere.
1. Last weekend on the one blessed day I didn't have insomnia, I got to lounge by the pool with two girlfriends for hours. This night away with friends has been an annual event for several years now. Of course we had to skip last year, so I extra-appreciated it this time.
|It does sort of make me wonder if I need to go away overnight again to cure my insomnia. Seems logical, no?|
2. I also got to see another close friend and have an impromptu bubble blowing contest. I'm pretty sure I won.
3. This little doggy is getting weirder and weirder in her old age. She used to be terrified of thunderstorms, like many dogs are, but now I swear she gets worked up the minute there's a passing cloud. If it's daytime when this happens, she feels safe hiding next to the downstairs toilet (?) and recently decided to try to climb into the bathtub (a location she historically despises) when she heard thunder. I don't try to understand.
If it's nighttime, she sneaks upstairs, This is an off-limit place for her, partially because she cannot get back down on her own. So in the morning I've been finding her just waiting for a lift down.
4. Kids number 3 & 4 got their second COVID vaccines recently (hooray!!!) When we were walking around the pharmacy afterwards, they called me over to see something. I can't tell you the last time I heard my 13 and 15-year-olds excitedly wanting me to share something with me. It was such a momentous occasion, I had to take a picture:
|If you know me at all, you know their noticing this makes me *so* proud.|
5. I could blame the boys' immature sense of humor on their father, but considering I also have this photo on my phone (that I took with no prompting from young teens) . . . I have to admit that I may have something to do with it.
Post a Comment