1. DO vote no matter what. My god, people, why does this even need to be said? Stop taking this right for granted.
2. DON’T argue the efficacy of mail-in voting; it's been proven to be safe. This also applies to mask-wearing.
3. DO sing Sister Suffragette while you cast your ballot, whichever way you do it.
|Well done, Sister Suffragette!|
4. DON’T touch anybody else’s election signs. Believe me, I harbor fantasies about driving down the road with a baseball bat out the window, whacking every Keep America Great* sign I see, but I don’t actually do it**, because it’s illegal, fucking juvenile and does nothing to convince a person to vote like I do. It would probably only strengthen their resolve.
5. DO go to reliable, official state or county sources for information on how to vote in your area (In-person? Ballot dropbox? Mail?) Why are you going to see what some stranger on the Internet has to say about voting . . . ?
Well, except for my list here. This is all super valid and you should take it to heart.
*Keep America Great? Is that the best you can come up with? Not sure how you haven't noticed that this country is a total shitshow right now.
**There has been one exception: I peeled a political bumper sticker off of a public street sign and I didn't even charge for my un-vandalizing services because I'm a good citizen.
Post a Comment