Last summer I got a tattoo right next to one I already had that, somehow, unbelievably, is already twenty years old.
That was a bad idea.
I didn't know the old one was looking so blurry and faded until a bright brand-new one moved in next door. I finally got it touched up yesterday and decided to have a little tattoo show and tell for today's list.
1. First tattoo, the star. I've always had an affinity for stars and when I found a heavy belt buckle in the shape of star at Babci's house, I claimed it for myself.
I've never worn a belt buckle and rarely wear belts.
After owning it and never wearing it, I decided to get it tattooed on my arm instead. It was my first tattoo and my boyfriend at the time got a (different type of) star at the same time. We later eloped and sometimes think of those star tattoos as our engagement rings.
|I know you this isn't the best shot of the tattoo but I've spent entirely too much time looking this morning. I've got a house to clean, people, use your imaginations. Photo Cred: Emily Schwank|
2. Next up, the kids! This little lady is me and one, two, three toys are my first three kids. I remember thinking at the time that if there were ever any more kids, they could just be added onto the back of the chain.
|Apparently it's kind of tricky taking a picture of your own upper arm.|
3. There were more kids! But I realized if I added them on, I wouldn't be able to see them and it never made sense to me to have a tattoo where I couldn't see it. Whirlwind Z got added on as a pinwheel and then little sister A came to us. She then went back to biological family for a bit before returning to us. We weren't sure if she'd end up staying or not but knew she's always be in our lives so she got added on as a bouncy ball.
|Finding themselves on my arm|
|Showing Baby A the bouncy ball addition that represents her|
4. My soaring survivor heart, added last summer by my husband's cousin:
|You can see what I mean about the old one looking so faded here . . .|
5. Lastly, ye olde star tattoo has been cleaned up and has had some color added. I'm super happy with it! Thanks Dutch!
Post a Comment