So what will we be doing home all day today? SO MUCH! For example:
1. Shoveling. Shoveling. Shoveling. I'd say eight inches of very heavy snow times the length and width of my driveway, path to the front door, the back deck and the yard path I created so our little dog can still go out . . . definitely mean I can indulge later when I do some . . .
2. Baking! I looked up this recipe for Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with intentions of making them to freeze for Thanksgiving morning, but who am I kidding? While the dough is rising I will do some . . .
3. Reading. My daughter and I are reading Nikki Grimes' Make Way for Dyamonde Daniel together and have two chapters left. I have some articles a friend saved for me to get to as well, never mind the book I'm really enjoying (Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng)
4. Writing. Funny how last night I had NO ideas for my Five on Friday list but this morning I came up with three. I'm (obviously) writing this one now but will probably try to write out the other two ideas I had before I forget them again.
5. Lots of basic snow-day stuff like taking pictures of the pretty snow and my lovely children playing in it, stoking the fire and having impromptu dance parties.
|View from my back deck this morning|
Post a Comment