1. Apparently little brother has grown quite bit since February! No wonder he couldn't get his khakis from last winter on! Thank goodness his favorite sweatshirt still fits him.
|February 7, 2018
|November 4, 2018. Didn't even realize the sweatshirt thing until later.
2. Pretzel pancakes aren't as bad as they sound. I wouldn't go so far as to recommend them but in the Halloween-goodies-into-pancake frenzy of last weekend, they surpassed my expectations and were 1,000 times better than the Jolly Rancher, M&M and Skittle combo a certain youngest child created.
|Note the red left in the pan. Skittle? M&M? It's a mystery nobody wants to solve.
3. I recently read Catcher in the Rye for the first time since I was a teenager. I realized that I still could relate to Holden as that young kid trying to figure it all out but at the same time I found myself repeatedly thinking, "Oh honey, no." One part that I know I chuckled at then and again now:
|Funny because it's true.
4. My youngest son is an athlete and a musician, not much of an artist. Whenever he sits down to make a card for someone he relies on his go-to . . . a cookie truck. This is adorably cute and I will rue the day he abandons it. Recently I was cleaning and found this drawing . . . the MYSTERY COOKIE truck!! Best discovery ever!
|Is it a good cookie or is it a bad cookie? Do you like a mystery? Try our mystery cookies!
5. Last weekend I got to remember just how fucking long it takes to put yarn extensions in my daughter's hair. But I also got to rediscover just how cute she looks with them and how happy they make her. She even remembered to say "thank you" without being nudged.
|I stopped counting the cumulative hours when I got to three and a half.
|Can't pose, Ma, gotta run, dance and swish my long, long hair now
* They do have school but there are a slew of half days for conferences, two days off for the teachers' conference, half days and days off for Thanksgiving. I also refer to the conference week as "New Jersey Goes to Florida" week.