Is there a child in your life you still haven't purchased a present for but would like to? Don't kill yourself looking for this year's hottest item, you know they only end up playing with the box anyway.
Or at least that's how it used to be in our day. Kids these days want the fancy garbage, not just the empty box. Surely you can dig around your recycling bin and find some of these things! The kids will love them.
1. Wrapping paper (or paper towel or toilet paper) tubes
2. Plastic pull-tab from Orange Juice cartons (my kids have actually fought over these before. Tears have been shed.)
3. Every single shampoo bottle ever emptied ("I WANT TO KEEP PLAYING WITH IT IN THE TUB!")
4. Those plastic air pillows that come in Amazon boxes (wonder if you can order those without any actual product?)
5. Plastic water bottles, about 1/3 of the way full, for flipping (as long as you don't mind a constant flip, flip, flip, thud, flip, flip, "CAPPED IT!", flip, flip, flip, flip, flip, crash, flip, thud, flip, flip, flip soundtrack to your life.)