It's summertime so both animals and art are everywhere I look.
Isn't that lovely?
1. We've got a new art teacher at the grade school and I am just loving all of the new ideas she's brought with her. They brought home so much artwork at the end of the school year and I'm struggling to find spots for it all because I love it all so much:
2. "Mom! We caught a snake!"
3. This artwork was left outside. And was rained on. And then created its own secondary artwork.
4. Birds! This nest, unbeknownst to us, was built on top of our beach cart that was hanging up in the outhouse (basically just a shed now). My son took the cart down and then nest and all five eggs were hanging very precariously so I very carefully stabilized it. You can't tell from the picture but one of the things the bird used to line its nest was a bit of previously snake skin. (Oh and this little bird seemed like it was trying to get into my daughter's room the other day)
5. In places I don't expect them, both animals (hello there little comfy squirrel) and art (oh hey, 15-year-old B was hanging out by the fire pit with her friends and mixing up cooled ash with water , wasn't she?)