Right when I'm amping up my search for (paying) work, I keep having experiences that make me so glad and grateful that I'm a stay-at-home-Mom (thanks Daddy O). Like:
1. When I was able to help a friend in a big way. She is such a wonderful friend--it made me incredibly happy to have the time to help her out.
2. Having time to do be involved in causes I believe in like the recent MLK Day of Community Service and an upcoming One Billion Rising flash mob.
3. Being able to take it easy (for a few hours at least!) and take a good solid nap when I have a cold and had a terrible night of sleep.
4. Now that I don't have to try to get everything done during 2.5 preschool hours, I can do some chores around the house and let the temperature warm up a little before going out for my jog. I am NOT a naturally born athlete at all (I still can't believe I own sneakers quite frankly) but I have really come to appreciate and even enjoy (!!) my time alone outside exercising. But I still hate the cold.
5. Seeing my kindergarten girl's face light up when I walk into her class to be a parent volunteer.
Post a Comment