1. That time she started sleeping through the night at three months old and never, ever woke me up since. #bestbabyever
2. In second grade she had to come up with a list of compound words and rocked it with fireman, doghouse and (our personal favorite) whatthe.
3. Winning the school spelling bee in fifth grade, beating out all the sixth, seventh and eight graders.
4. The time we won tickets to see "How to Succeed in Business Without Even Trying" on Broadway starring Daniel Radcliffe and John Laroquette. Not only was the Mommy-Daughter date wonderful, the show was amazing and we even got a great photograph of Daniel Radcliffe on his way into the theatre (for my huge Harry Potter fan, that was just the icing on the cake).
5. When she got to be "Tinkerbell" in Peter Pan. The look of joy and excitement on her face each time she flew across the stage made everyone in the audience smile.
Happy Birthday B! I sort of wish I was fourteen, too, so we could be friends. But I'm really proud to be your Mom. I love you!
|A snapshot of a fantastic person in her natural habitat on her last day of being thirteen.|