1. Leftovers jazzed up by the addition of a grilled cheese sandwich (oh wait, no bread? Make some! No flour? Make that a quesadilla instead! No tortillas? Make that cheese and crackers! No crackers? Plain old leftovers it is!)
2. Pasta e fagioli: My Mother-in-Law's recipe. I almost always have these ingredients on hand, even if the pasta is the wrong shape (used ABCs the other day. Recipe forthcoming on a #howtoTuesday post)
3. Black beans and rice: Once again, ingredients I almost always have on hand. This past week there was only a tiny bit of rice left so it was heavy on the black beans but I did have a hidden bag of tortilla chips to jazz it up.
4. Or tortillas or tostadas of some sort (hey, I keep a LOT of beans and tortillas in the house. I'm not a Martha follower but I do like this tostada recipe: http://www.marthastewart.com/338155/black-bean-tostadas-with-corn-relish?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/quick-meatless-recipes#slide_17 ).
5. Cavatelli and broccoli (frozen cavatelli, throw some fresh or frozen broccoli in for the last few minutes. Drain then use the same pot to heat up some olive oil--oh wait, out of that, also out of vegetable AND coconut oil so butter it is!--and saute a bunch of garlic, put the pasta and broccoli back in and add some grated parmesan)