This week's title is a double entendre--it is the first Five on Friday list of the year, but the content is also "first five." As in highlights from the first five days of the New Year . . . or at least the first five of the work week (that counts because this is my page and I just said so).
My highlights from the first five days of 2022 include:
1. One public nap (Oh, yes I did . . . and not just in my own vehicle in a public parking lot as I have been known to do but a legit waiting room couch where anybody could see me. And, given the chance, I will absolutely do it again.)
2. Two classic games played with my oldest kid before she goes back to college.
|Pente is one, Rummy 500 (our favorite) is the other|
3. Three dinners eaten by me that were prepared by someone else--that must be a new record for (adult) me.
4. Four tasks (to prepare for the 19th annual/2nd drive-through MLK Day of Community Service) that I delegated out to capable and willing volunteers. (Thank you, volunteers!)
5. Five workouts (the kind that actually make me sweat and feel that good-sore the next day) done, in a row, even on the days that I was tired and full of pizza.
|This is my home gym. It is also my dining room.|
|And this is my four-legged stalker who, I can see, has made the same exact resolution again this year.|
Unlike my dog, I personally did not make any resolutions this year . . . but if these first five are any indication of how the rest of my year will go, I'm off to quite an auspicious start! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment