Aside from actually going to parties in the 80s, I haven't really been to many 80s themed events . . . until this year. In the past two months, I've gone to FOUR of them! Being that I am usually feeling pretty overwhelmed by two jobs and five kids, I totally found time to come up with four distinct costumes and helped my husband with some of his.
Here they are in all of their unique 80s glory plus a bonus picture of me at an actual party in 1988:
1. First up: The Awesome 80s Prom! An interactive High School musical directed by a friend of me with whom I used to perform in High School musicals. I went with a Madonna theme for this one.
2. Next up was my own daughter's High School's Annual Coffeehouse event, this year with an 80s theme. I was Ms. PacMan and my youngest said she'd be a ghost. I made her a costume and then she refused to wear it. My friend's daughter wore it for a little while to appease me.
3. Then there was a birthday party that had an 80s WWF Wrestler theme. I only really know Hulk Hogan and the "Snap Into a Slim Jim" guy, neither of which appealed to me. So my husband helped me find the Fabulous Moolah. I fell in love but then he told me that she didn't really count for the 80s but Wikipedia said she did and besides I had already made up my mind because just look at her! And also me:
4. Last and maybe best . . . another birthday party, another 80s theme. Sure I could have used one of my other costumes but instead I of course felt the need to turn myself into a unicorn Trapper Keeper. As one does when they're super pressed for time.
|Somehow never got a chance to get into the Photo Booth with my husband. He made an adorable Mork but we have no photo evidence. Whoops.|
5. And now, the moment you've all been waiting for . . . . Homecoming, October 1988. You're welcome.