I have to thank my oldest daughter for this week's list, it was all her idea. She had seen something online where they asked little kids to finish common proverbial expressions and so we decided to try it with the kids at home. We had a *lot* of fun with this. Here are our five favorites:
1. Birds of a feather . . . fly.
2. A picture is worth . . . five dollars.
3. The pen is mightier than . . . a rock.
4. You can lead a horse to water but . . . it'll poop on you.
5. And the best for last! I asked our 9-year-old neighbor to try to finish this one: People in glass houses shouldn't . . . she couldn't think of anything at first and then said, "Well I thought of one thing but it's kind of inappropriate." I thought for sure it'd be something about being naked and I asked if she might be able to just tell me? "Okay. People in glass houses shouldn't kill people because then you'd see blood stains on the windows."
Well I'm glad that came from a kid that I don't live with!
I highly recommend trying this at home if you have kids in your life, hilarity will ensue.
Post a Comment