1. When I was 4 years old, my parents bought a car. It was a green Nova. I cried because I didn't want a green car.
2. When I was 17 years old, I bought my first car from my boyfriend's parents for $100. It was 1973 Valiant and it was green. The passenger door would sometimes open when turning.
3. My Dad used to ask me if I'd go to Rutgers University and I would wildly protest (all I knew of Rutgers was the tomato variety and I thought it was just a . . . tomato school). I went to Rutgers.
4. I acted as Rocky the Squirrel in the East Coast premier of "Rocky and Bullwinkle: The Musical." A large photograph of me dressed as a squirrel hangs in the theater still . . . in the women's restroom.
5. I cannot stand having anything between my toes. No flip flops for me thank you very much.
I LOVE this list! What awesome, fun facts about you.ReplyDelete
My parents couldn't afford their first car until I was 8 or 9 years old. The car (an Indian make and model) was beige. I loved chocolate, lived for chocolate. I begged my Dad to get the car painted milk chocolate brown so I would feel like we were riding in a candy bar. He did it - just for me. My Mom hated it, I doubt my Dad liked it, I LOVED it. You reminded me of yet another reason why I love them.
Jay! I love that your dad painted the car. Love it.ReplyDelete